HATS is not a rescue. We do not take in animals, but we can help network with many rescues to help place LCAS animals and animals in need from the community. If you or someone you know needs assistance, you may find the following links helpful.
Medical Funding Assistance
HATS does not provide financial assistance to owners for medical needs. Please check the following links for funding resources for various medical needs. If you are looking for low cost spay/neuter options, please check out our Spay/Neuter page.
- The Pet Fund provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals in the United States who need non-basic, non-urgent medical care beyond the normal expenses of vaccination, spay & neuter surgeries, food and routine veterinary care. Please visit www.thepetfund.com for details.
- Paws 4 A Cure provides assistance for non-routine medical care such as emergencies or surgeries. Please visit their site for guidelines and details.
- Other Medical funding resources
- Lincoln County Animal Services (704) 736-4125 Call to see if they have food available for the public.
- East Lincoln Christian Ministries
- Christian Ministry of Lincoln County
- Humane Society of Lincoln County
- No Cold Pets Project – This HATS event provides housing, food, and other items for dogs and cats to help keep pets in the community warm in the winter months.
If you are experiencing behavior problems with your dog or cat, consult some of the articles on the following website for assistance: www.paws.org/cats-and-dogs/after-you-adopt/helpful-resources/